What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is directly sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. It usually involves using email to send ads, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness. Email marketing can be done to either sold lists or a current customer database. Broadly, the term is usually used to refer to sending email messages with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers, to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business, acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately, and adding advertisements to email messages sent by other companies to their customers.
What is Email Marketing?
By Dan Forootan, President of EZ Publishing
You have heard of email marketing repeatedly on the internet, at conferences and during marketing strategy meetings. They say email marketing enriches business communications, targets specific key markets, and is both cost-effective and environmentally friendly. But what exactly is email marketing and how does it work? How is an email more effective than a radio spot or television advertisement and why should a business spend the time to maintain an email list?
Email marketing occurs when a company sends a commercial message to a group of people by use of electronic email. Most commonly through advertisements, requests for business, or sales or donation solicitation, any email communication is considered email marketing if it helps to build customer loyalty, trust in a product or company or brand recognition. Email marketing is an efficient way to stay connected with your clients while also promoting your business.
With email marketing, you can easily and quickly reach target markets without the need for large quantities of print space, television or radio time or high production costs. Thanks to effective email marketing software, you can maintain an email list that has been segmented based on several factors including the length of time addresses have been on the list, customers’ likes and dislikes, spending habits and other important criteria. Emails are then created and sent out to specifically target members of your email list, providing them with a personalized email detailing information that they are interested in or have requested. This helps promote trust and loyalty to a company while also increasing sales.
There are several examples of email marketing campaigns, starting with a welcome email that thanks that new contact for opting in to your subscription. Welcome letters can not only give valuable information about your company, they can also request key information about your new client, helping you put the person in the correct categories for future marketing efforts. Additional email campaigns include sending out announcements on products or services, a newsletter regarding your company and/or products, coupons for future purchasing and much more. Every email you send out should have company information on the bottom, giving potential clients a chance to learn more about your company as well as ‘opt-in’ to get future emails. Incentive programs that give members a ‘promo code’ to collect discounts on purchases also allow you to monitor the effectiveness of your campaign as well as what your contacts are interested in.
With the help of email marketing software, email marketing is an effective way to not only reach your target markets but also to stay connected with your purchasing base. Through efficient use of email marketing, you can retain current clients while also targeting new markets. You can easily monitor how effective a marketing campaign is, and see that your return on investment is substantially higher than with other, more traditional, marketing campaigns. Let the internet help guide your customers to you again and again with an effective email marketing campaign.
Are You Looking to Increase your Website Traffic ?
Whether you need a little help getting started or just want to enhance your existing email campaigns,
we will help you make your email marketing great.
۱٫ Email Marketing Strategy and Planning
۲٫ Email implementation
۳٫ Email Deliverability
۴٫ Email-Marketing Analytics and Reporting
Marketing, for quite sometime has been considered as a purely creative discipline and a celestial black hole when it comes to cost. However, in the recent past it has evolved into a highly analytical field. Marketing efforts are now measurable and can be channeled to obtain significant revenue generation.
Digital direct marketing is no different and that is why we make best use of leading technology to analyse, enhance, and evolve your marketing efforts.
Email is proven to be one of the most efficient forms of marketing. In the past it has successfully served as a mass mailing tool. However customers have changed, they are no longer satisfied with traditional one-way communication. They expect, and even demand personalized interactive dialogues. We understand this shift and can put digital interactivity at the heart of your marketing strategy.
Advantages of Using Business Email
- Emails are fast. They are delivered at once around the world. No other form of written communication or online marketing is as fast as an email.
- Compare to Direct Mail such as post cards or traditional mail, Emails are delivered extremely fast
- Emails can be sent 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Email is cheap and if you are using online email service providers (MSN Hotmail, Google Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc) – each email sent or receive is effectively free
- Emails can be sent to one person or several people
Advantages of Email Marketing
Email marketing is popular with companies for several reasons:
- An exact return on investment can be tracked (“track to basket”) and has proven to be high when done properly. Email marketing is often reported as second only to search marketing as the most effective online marketing tactic.
- Email marketing is significantly cheaper and faster than traditional mail, mainly because of high cost and time required in a traditional mail campaign for producing the artwork, printing, addressing and mailing.
- Businesses and organizations who send a high volume of emails, utilize an ESP (email service provider) to send, track and utilize information garnered from behaviors related to these emails. Understanding and leveraging consumer behavior through the insights provided by consumer response to email marketing has become an integral facet of the digital marketing landscape.
- Email provides a cost-effective method to test different marketing content, including visual creative, marketing copy and multimedia assets. The data gathered by testing in the email channel can then be use across all channels of marketing campaigns, both print and digital.
- Advertisers can reach substantial numbers of email subscribers who have opted in (i.e., consented) to receive email communications on subjects of interest to them.
- Almost half of American Internet users check or send email on a typical day, with email blasts that are delivered between 1 am and 5 am local time outperforming those sent at other times in open and click rates.
- Email is popular with digital marketers, rising an estimated 15% in 2009 to £۲۹۲ m in the UK.
- If compared to standard email, direct email marketing produces higher response rate and higher average order value for e-commerce businesses.
Send better email. Sell more stuff.